The big kids’ T-shirt pattern I bought (the one w the hoodie) fits me after all. Looked like it was going to be a tight squeeze, but the final dimensions are a touch bigger than listed on the pattern. And I don’t mean the size dimensions, either, I mean the finished garment ones.
Banged out a sample Saturday from a super giant ladies’ top whose leopard I liked. Thrifted that thing at least a year ago for like $1, thinking there’d be an easy way to suck it in. I swore I took a picture when I got it. Alas.
Turns out there’s no redeeming a mock turtle. Cut that sucker up and lined up the pattern pieces.
The only little glitch was that I couldn’t quite get the long raglan sleeves cut from the top’s standard sleeves. So I made short sleeves instead.
Sewed it all up pretty quickly, zig-zag style.
(I got lazy and didn’t pin enough. Crooked hem serves me right.)
Sweet! Ok, I still need to work on necks, getting the V point in the binding just right.
But otherwise, it worked so well, I can’t get raglan T-shirts out of my head.
Am thinking of the many possibilities to be made from two shirts, or one shirt plus fabric – plus small scraps, really.