Wearable muslin in progress

This dress falls under the manifesto. Simple, V-necked, cap sleeves, waist to it.

And it looks adorable. Also, its small pieces should let me cut it out from old giant silk dresses I find everywhere at the thrifts — the front and back alone would fit on old full sleeves.

So I started a version from some old red synthetic stuff I bought at Gaffney’s years and years ago. Discovered that I used said chunk for binding or something, so it’s missing a triangle.

dress s 2360 tight fit

Let me tell you that took some careful cutting including much repositioning and some profanity. I ended up folding the selvedges into the center fold to have enough fold to cut on.

dress s 2360 close fit

I’m making the short sleeved version, V-neck of course, without any fuss on it.

If the dress works on me, I have some ideas…

Advertisements
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: